Thursday, July 14, 2011

Second Time is a Charm (or at least I'm hoping that is the case)

So I was all prepared for my MRI today, but it was different than other the other MRI and the MRA that I had.  They can't put a wet cloth over my face and they need to put cushions on the side of my head - well I will say that I tried.  I really really tried.  I was through the second or third scan and I felt the body temperature rising and we had to stop.  They told me this happens frequently and suggested sedation.  So I called Dr. T to phone in a prescription which they gladly did.  So tomorrow my hubby is driving to the MRI (w/ sedation you need a driver) and he can pump me up for this.  I swear I don't know what happened - one minute I was saying I'm doing it and the next minute I needed to get out. 

I talked to my mother-in-law today who experienced the same thing with her MRI and needed sedation, so apparently they weren't lying when they said it happens to other people. 

I discovered that I will have a 3D image of my brain, which I'm excited to see (you know the scientist in me).  I think that will be really cool, but I think somewhere underneath all of my anxiety is the thought we will have a clear picture of what is going on and where on one hand I want to know on the other hand I know that if this is Chiari ruling my world right now it is very possible that the next step (or a step at some point in time) will be surgery.  And I can't lie that is scary as hell - I mean how do you explain to your 2 yr old and your nearly 4 yr old mommy can't hold you b/c she has had brain surgery (and the recovery time can be lengthy- ughh).  Back on track - I really do need to know and whatever is supposed to happen will happen. 

I will let you know how tomorrow goes - tomorrow I will have Valium in my system so I should be feeling pretty good! LOL :)

No comments:

Post a Comment